Strawberry Pecan Jumbles
Makes 18 bars.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup POLANER All Fruit Strawberry Fruit Spread
- PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- BLEND flour, Cream of Wheat, pecans, sugar and baking powder in large bowl. Stir in butter, egg and vanilla until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture.
- PRESS remaining Cream of Wheat mixture on bottom of prepared baking pan. Smooth fruit spread evenly over bottom; crumble reserved mixture over fruit spread.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.