Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 2 cans 6 oz. each canned salmon, pink, boneless, skinless, flaked
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsely, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tbls. lemon juice
- BRING milk just to boil in medium saucepan. Gradually add cereal, stirring constantly. Return just to boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until very thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add salmon, 1 of the egg yolks, both egg whites, onion, parsley, salt, dill, pepper and lemon juice; mix well. (Reserve remaining egg yolk for another use.)
- SHAPE into loaf in greased shallow baking dish.
- BAKE at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Jazz It Up: Mix 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. melted margarine or butter. Drizzle over baked Salmon Loaf before slicing to serve.
- Substitute: Prepare as directed, using 1 (15-oz.) can drained and flaked boneless skinless pink salmon.
- Salmon Cakes: Prepare salmon mixture as directed; shape into 6 patties. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until cooked through.