Makes 24 servings, 1 bar each.
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time, uncooked
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar Glaze (recipe follows), optional
- MIX flour, cereal, baking powder and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
- BEAT brown sugar and margarine in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Add 1/2 cup of the chopped walnuts and raisins. Spread mixture in lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- BAKE at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Glaze. Cut into bars.
- Substitute: Substitute pecans for walnuts.
- Nutrition Bonus: Serve these Raisin-Nut Bars for a satisfying low sodium snack.