Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Bars
Makes 16 servings, 1 bar each.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min, 2-1/2-min or 10-min cook time), uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tbls. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cereal and baking soda; set aside.
- BEAT butter, peanut butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread evenly into lightly greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut into 16 bars to serve. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- Substitute: Substitute peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips.