Pan-Seared Tilapia with Quick Butter-Caper Sauce
Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon B&G Capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon slices (optional)
- PLACE flour in shallow bowl; set aside. Combine egg and milk in second shallow bowl; set aside. Blend Cream of Wheat and salt in third shallow bowl; set aside.
- HEAT butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- GENTLY dip each fillet into flour, covering both sides evenly; shake off excess flour. Dip fillets into egg mixture, covering both sides evenly. Dip into Cream of Wheat mixture, covering both sides evenly; shake off excess coating. Place fillets in skillet. Cook 4 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Gently turn fillets over and cook 4 minutes longer. Transfer to serving plates.
- ADD parsley, capers and lemon juice to skillet; stir well. Pour sauce over each fillet. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
- Tip: This cooking technique also enhances other thin white fish, such as flounder or trout.