Nutty Banana Pancakes
Makes 15 servings, about 2 pancakes each.
- 1 1/2 cups CREAM OF RICE Hot Cereal, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 6 tbls. sugar
- 2 tbls. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 6 tbls. butter or margarine, melted
- 3 medium bananas, mashed ripe
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- COMBINE cereal, flour, sugar and baking powder in large bowl; set aside.
- BEAT eggs, milk and butter in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add bananas; mix well. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Let stand 10 min.; stir in walnuts.
- HEAT lightly greased electric griddle to 350°F or skillet on medium-high heat. Pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on tops; turn over to brown other sides.
- Jazz It Up: Serve topped with sliced mango, papaya or strawberries.