Nutty Apricot Warm-Up
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min, 2-1/2-min or 10-min cook time), uncooked
- 1 can (17 oz.) canned apricot halves, drained, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pecans, pieces
- MIX milk and cinnamon in large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Gradually add cereal; cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- ADD apricots, raisins and pecans; mix well. Reduce heat to low. Cook and stir an additional 5 minutes.
- SERVE topped with brown sugar and additional milk, if desired.
- Use Your Microwave: Mix milk, cinnamon and cereal in 2-quart microwavable bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring after 4 minutes. Stir in apricots, raisins and pecans. Microwave 3 to 4 minutes or until desired consistency. Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition Bonus: Warm up with a nutritious bowl of low sodium, hot cereal. The CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal is a rich source of iron, the milk provides calcium and the apricots are an excellent source of vitamin A and a good source of vitamin C.