Makes 6 servings, about 1 cup each.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can 19 oz. red kidney beans, drained
- 1 jar 8 oz. taco sauce
- 1 can 4.25 oz diced green chilies, drained
- 2 tsps. chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF RICE Hot Cereal, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Brown meat with onion in large skillet; drain. Stir in beans, taco sauce, green chilies, chili powder, salt and oregano. Spoon into 2-quart shallow baking dish; set aside.
- BRING milk just to boil in medium saucepan. Gradually add cereal, stirring constantly. Cook on medium heat 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Add cheese; stir until melted. Spread over meat mixture in baking dish.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite reduced fat dressing.