Makes 8 servings.
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1 min, 2-1/2 min or 10 min cook time) uncooked
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup egg substitute, cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbls. margarine or butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- BRING milk just to boil in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in cereal; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- ADD remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- BAKE at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set.
- Variation: Pudding can be baked in 8 (6-oz.) greased custard cups. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until centers are set.
- Substitute: Substitute 1 egg, lightly beaten, for egg product.
- Jazz It Up: Serve warm topped with vanilla ice crea
- Nutrition Bonus: This warm, baked pudding is made with CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, an excellent source of iron, and milk, a good source calcium.