Happy-Face Kids' Pizza
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pizza or tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella chees
- Optional toppings: sliced pepperoni, sliced green olives, sliced black olives, red bell pepper slices
- PREHEAT oven to 450ºF. Spray baking pan with nonstick cooking spray
- PLACE flour, Cream of Wheat and baking powder in food processor; pulse several times. Combine milk and oil in measuring cup. While food processor is running, pour in milk mixture. Pulse several times until dough forms a ball. (If dough doesn't come together, add more flour, 1 teaspoon at a time.)
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Gently knead 5 to 6 times. Divide into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into round shape. Place dough pieces on prepared pan.
- SPREAD sauce over pizzas and sprinkle cheese evenly over pizzas. Arrange pepperoni, olives and bell pepper slices to make faces, as desired. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Variation: For Greek salad pizza, top the pizzas with a sprinkle of dried oregano, sliced olives and sliced red onions before baking, then top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese. Or use your favorite toppings to make a variety of pizzas for kids and adults alike.