Ham and Cheese Frittata
Makes 12 servings.
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream for garnish
- PREHEAT oven to 450ºF. Stir together Cream of Wheat and boiling water in medium mixing bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs to Cream of Wheat and mix well.
- MELT butter in large 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in ham evenly. Pour Cream of Wheat mixture into skillet so it spreads to edge of skillet. Sprinkle cheese over mixture. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, until the edges begin to firm up.
- PLACE skillet in oven and bake 10 minutes longer.
- TURN frittata over onto serving plate and cut into wedges. Serve topped with sour cream.
- Tip: Frittata leftovers are great when sliced and popped in the microwave for a minute. Serve as a brunch or lunch item.