Makes 24 servings.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1 min, 2-1/2 min or 10 min cook time) uncooked
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 cup water
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat butter and 1 cup of the sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, cereal and baking powder; mix well. Pour into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Meanwhile, mix remaining 1 cup sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Boil 5 minutes.
- REMOVE cake from oven. Immediately pour hot sugar mixture over cake. Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 24 squares to serve.
- Keeping It Safe: Wash hands, cooking utensils and countertops immediately with hot soapy water after contact with raw eggs.