Fresh Berry-Berry Cobbler
Makes 6 servings.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 8 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into small pieces, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 450ºF. Blend sugar and cornstarch in mixing bowl. Add berries and toss to coat. Pour into 8-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- COMBINE Cream of Wheat, flour, almonds, baking powder and salt in food processor. Add butter; pulse several times until well combined. Add milk and egg; pulse until mixed thoroughly. Spread evenly over fruit mixture. Sprinkle sugar over top.
- BAKE 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve in shallow bowls with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
- Tip: For an elegant presentation, serve in a martini glass and top with a fresh sprig of mint.