Double-Chocolate Pecan Brownies
Makes 9 brownies.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over sides of pan; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flour, cocoa, Cream of Wheat and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- CREAM sugar and butter in large mixing bowl with electric mixer at medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until well combined.
- GRADUALLY add Cream of Wheat mixture; mix well. Spread batter evenly in pan, using spatula. Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans evenly over top.
- BAKE 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Lift brownies from pan using aluminum foil. Cool completely before cutting.
- Tip: For an even more decadent dessert, drizzle caramel sauce over the warm brownies and serve with mint chocolate chip ice cream.