Makes 12 servings.
- 2 cups CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal
- 1 quart water
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 3 tbls. oil
- PREPARE 1 cup as directed on package. Add cheese and seasonings; mix well.
- POUR cereal mixture evenly into 1 parchment-lined half hotel pan; cover. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set.
- TOAST remaining 1 cup cereal in large sauté pan or skillet on medium-low heat until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- CUT chilled polenta into 12 triangles. Coat with toasted cereal.
- PREHEAT grill to 375°F. Cook polenta triangles in hot oil on griddle for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately.
- TIP: Prepared cereal mixture can be poured into pans as directed, tightly covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours before cutting into triangles. Coat with toasted cereal; continue as directed.