Makes 10 to 12 dumplings.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- BRING milk and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually add Cream of Wheat, stirring constantly until well blended. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from heat. Add egg, butter and parsley; mix well.
- DROP heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into simmering soup or stew; cover. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until dumplings have doubled in size and centers are no longer doughy.
- Tip: To ensure light and fluffy dumplings, keep the cover on until the cooking time is almost complete. Checking the dumplings too early can cause them to deflate.