Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Cinnabon Cream of Wheat Instant Hot Cereal, uncooked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- COAT Bundt(R) pan with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle lightly with flour; shake out any excess. Combine walnuts and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
- CREAM sugar, butter and eggs in mixing bowl with electric mixer at medium speed. Add sour cream; blend well. Add flour, Cream of Wheat, baking powder and baking soda; mix well. Stir in vanilla. Sprinkle half of walnut mixture into bottom of prepared Bundt pan. Evenly spread half of batter over mixture. Sprinkle remaining walnut mixture over batter. Top with remaining batter, spreading evenly in Bundt pan.
- SET oven to 350ºF (do not preheat); place Bundt pan in cold oven. Bake 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Place serving plate over Bundt pan and turn pan over carefully onto plate; remove pan. Serve cake warm or cool.
- Tip: If you do not have a Bundt(R) pan, you can bake this cake in regular square or round cake pans. Divide the batter between two 8- or 9-inch pans, and sprinkle each with one-half of walnut mixture. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.