Cinnamon Crumb Topping
Makes about 1/2 cup topping or 4 servings, about 2 Tbsp. each.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbls. sugar
- 2 tbls. CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- MIX all ingredients until crumbly.
- Jazz It Up: Add 2 Tbsp. chopped slivered almonds.
- Tip: For a quick rustic dessert, place sliced apples in the middle of a prepared pie crust, sprinkle the apples with the Cinnamon Crumb Topping, and fold the edges of the pie crust to the middle. Bake according to directions on pie crust package.
- Tip: Make delicious individual crumb cakes by topping cupcakes made with yellow cake batter with Cinnamon Crumb Topping before baking.
- Tip: Sprinkle Cinnamon Crumb Topping on pumpkin or cheesecake squares before baking to add extra flavor and crunch.
- Tip: Prepare your favorite fruit crisp with fresh fruit and a sprinkling of Cinnamon Crumb Topping.