Makes 9 servings.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1, 2-1/2 or 10-min cook time), uncooked, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup egg substitute, cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tbls. honey
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- GREASE 9-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of the cereal. Set aside.
- MIX remaining cereal, flour, baking powder and chili powder. Mix egg product, milk, honey and margarine in medium bowl until well blended. Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in corn and cheese. Spread into prepared pan.
- BAKE at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Cut into squares to serve.
- Substitute: Prepare as directed, using drained canned corn with sweet peppers.
- Jazz It Up: For a spicier cornbread, prepare as directed using 1-1/2 tsp. chili powder.
- Nutrition Bonus: Treat your family to this great-tasting cornbread. The CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal provides a good source of iron.