Makes 6 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Grease 8-inch square baking dish.
- HEAT water to a boil in large saucepan over high heat. Slowly stir in Cream of Wheat. Return to a boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Add cheese; stir until melted. Stir in milk, egg yolks and pepper.
- BEAT egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into Cream of Wheat mixture with wire whisk until well blended.
- POUR into prepared baking dish. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set and browned. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Instead of cornbread, serve this dish with a hearty bowl of chili to create a more flavorful meal.