Carrot-Raisin Spice Cookies
Makes 20 servings, 3 cookies each.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT - Regular, (1-minute, 2-1/2-min or 10-min cook time) uncooked
- 1 1/2 tsps. pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup egg substitute, cholesterol-free egg produc
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, finely chopped
- MIX flour, cereal, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda; set aside.
- BEAT butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add egg product and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until well blended. Stir in carrots, raisins and walnuts; let stand 10 minutes.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto parchment paper-covered or nonstick baking sheets.
- BAKE at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Jazz It Up: Prepare and cool muffins as directed. Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 Tbsp. milk or water. If necessary, stir in additional 1 Tbsp. milk until glaze is of desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
- Substitute: Substitute dried cranberries for raisins.