CREAM OF WHEAT® Pancakes
Makes 4 servings, about 2 (4-inch) pancakes each.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time)
- 2 tbls. sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsps. oil
- MIX flour, cereal, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside. Beat egg, milk and oil in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add flour mixture; beat until well blended. Let stand 5 min.
- LADLE batter onto hot nonstick griddle or skillet, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on tops, then turn over to brown other sides.
- Substitute: Prepare as directed, using fat free milk.
- Jazz It Up: Serve pancakes topped with low-fat yogurt and your favorite cut-up fresh fruit.
- Jazz It Up: Stir 1 tsp. grated orange peel into the prepared batter before ladling onto griddle.
- Nutrition Bonus: Get your day off to a great start with these yummy pancakes. As a bonus, the CREAM OF WHEAT is high in iron.