Buttermilk Pecan Waffles
Makes 6 waffles.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- COMBINE flour, Cream of Wheat and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- BEAT milk, buttermilk and eggs in mixing bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir Cream of Wheat mixture into egg mixture. Add melted butter and mix well to combine. Stir in pecans.
- POUR into hot waffle iron and bake until golden brown.
- Tip: Top the waffles with fresh fruit and whipped cream for a decadent breakfast or dessert.