Buttermilk Pecan Griddle Cakes
Makes 1 dozen.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT - Regular
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tbls. sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 large eggs, separated
- MIX flour, cereal, pecans, sugar and baking soda in large bowl until well blended; set aside.
- MIX buttermilk, oil and egg yolks in separate bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add to flour mixture; mix well.
- PLACE egg whites in small bowl of electric mixer fitted with wire whip attachment; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- POUR batter onto hot griddle, using #20 scoop. Cook 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top. Turn to brown other side.
- TIP: Batter can be stored in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 4 hours.