Broccoli Spoon Bread
Makes 8 servings, 1/2 cup each.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF RICE Hot Cereal, uncooked
- 1 package 10 oz. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbls. butter or margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsps. dried basil leaves
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Bring milk just to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Gradually add cereal, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 30 sec. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 min.
- ADD remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- BAKE 30 to 40 min. or until golden brown.