Makes 8 servings.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 teaspoon TRAPPEY'S Red Devil Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 4 cups cubed bread stuffing (potato bread recommended)
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- BROWN sausage in skillet, pressing with fork or spatula to crumble as it cooks. Sprinkle on Italian seasoning and salt; set aside.
- COMBINE eggs, milk, Cream of Wheat and pepper sauce in large mixing bowl; mix well. Add cooked sausage and bread stuffing; toss to combine. Pour mixture into 13X9-inch casserole pan; cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Remove cover and sprinkle cheese over casserole. Cover pan with aluminum foil; bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer. Serve warm.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve this dish with a salad and some fresh fruit on holiday mornings or for a special brunch.