Makes 12 servings.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min., 2-1/2-min. or 10-min. cook time), uncooked
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tsps. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tbls. oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbls. apple juice
- MIX flour, cereal, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
- BEAT egg, milk, oil and vanilla with wire whisk until well blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon evenly into 12 greased 2-1/2-inch muffin pans, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- BAKE at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from pan.
- BRUSH tops of warm muffins with apple juice; roll in remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Serve warm.
- Substitute: Substitute 1/4 cup cholesterol-free egg product for the egg.
- Nutrition Bonus: Low in fat, cholesterol and sodium, these yummy muffins are a nutritious way to start your day.