Berries and Cream Hot Cereal
Makes 6 (1-cup) servings.
- 1 quart 4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min., 2-1/2-min. or 10-min.e cook time) uncooked
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese spread
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- BRING milk to boil in medium saucepan on high heat. Gradually add cereal and sugar, stirring constantly until well blended. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- ADD cream cheese spread; cook until cream cheese spread is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
- ADD blueberries; stir gently until well blended. Serve immediately.
- Substitute: Substitute sliced strawberries for blueberries.
- Nutrition Bonus: Start your day off right with a berry-delicious bowl of creamy hot cereal. It's not only low in fat, cholesterol and sodium, but the CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal also provides a good source of iron.