Asian Lettuce Cups
Makes 24 lettuce cups.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons POLANER Chopped Garlic
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2/-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons REGINA Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Soy sauce (optional)
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add water chestnuts, onion and garlic. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Add chicken. Cook, stirring frequently to break up chicken, about 5 minutes.
- MIX ketchup, 1/4 cup soy sauce, Cream of Wheat, brown sugar and vinegar in small bowl. Add to skillet. Cook and stir until well combined. Add water; simmer 5 minutes longer or until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat.
- TO SERVE, fill each lettuce leaf with 2 tablespoons chicken mixture. Garnish with peanuts, and serve with additional soy sauce for dipping, if desired.
- Tip: Kids will enjoy making their own lettuce cups. Just lay out the makings for this healthy snack.