Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Makes 9 muffins.
- 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple juice, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbls. margarine or butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup apple, chopped peeled
- RESERVE 1 Tbsp. sugar. Mix remaining sugar, flour, cereal, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt; set aside.
- RESERVE 2 Tbsp. apple juice. Blend remaining juice, milk, egg, margarine and vanilla until well blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; stir in apple. Spoon into 9 greased 2-1/2-inch muffin pans, mounding slightly.
- BAKE at 400°F for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; brush tops with reserved juice and sprinkle with reserved sugar. Serve warm.
- Storage Know-How: Store leftover muffins in the freezer. Place cooled muffins in a sealable plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw at room temperature and reheat gently until warm.