Apple Breakfast Kuchen
Makes 16 servings.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT - Regular, (1-min., 2-1/2-min. or 10-min. cook time), uncooked
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups apples, chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat brown sugar and oil with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour, cereal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, eggs and milk; beat on medium speed 1 min. Stir in apples.
- SPREAD batter in greased 9-inch round cake pan; sprinkle evenly with Crumb Topping (see recipe).
- BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled.
- Food Facts: The following apple varieties are suitable for baking-Granny Smith, Winesap, Cortland and Jonathan.
- Jazz It Up: To add a simple powdered sugar glaze, mix 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. milk until well blended. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set. Makes 2/3 cup or 12 servings, about 1 Tbsp. each.
- Nutrition Bonus: Tempt your taste buds with this delicious dessert. Since it's made with better-for-you products, it can easily fit into a healthful eating plan.