Lunch & Dinner RECIPES
(44 of 46)
Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon TRAPPEY'S Red Devil Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- BRING large pot of water to a boil. Stir in salt. Add macaroni. Stir, then cook 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and return pasta to pot.
- WHILE pasta is cooking, whisk evaporated milk, Cream of Wheat, eggs, mustard, pepper sauce and salt in medium bowl.
- ADD mixture to cooked pasta. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture thickens. Gradually stir in cheese, adding more as it melts. Add 1/2 cup milk; stir until creamy. Serve warm.
- Tip: For a nice garnish and added extra crunch, combine 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs with 1/4 cup Cream of Wheat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add Cream of Wheat mixture; cook and stir until mixture is golden brown. Sprinkle on top of each serving.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies