Lunch & Dinner RECIPES
(37 of 46)
Polenta with Ratatouille Sauce
Makes 8 servings.
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min, 2-1/2-min or 10-min cook time), uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, divided
- 3 tbls. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup tomato juice
- BRING water to boil in large saucepan over high heat. Gradually add cereal, stirring constantly until well blended. Stir in 1/2 of the garlic. Cook 1 to 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- SPREAD cereal mixture into greased and foil-lined 8-inch square pan; sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. of the cheese and 1/4 tsp. of the basil. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into 4 (4-inch) squares; cut each square diagonally in half to form a total of 8 triangles.
- HEAT 1 Tbsp. of the oil in large skillet. Add 4 of the polenta triangles. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned on both sides. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining polenta triangles, cooking in 1 Tbsp. of the remaining oil.
- HEAT remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet. Add eggplant, tomato, onion, green pepper and remaining garlic; cook 5 minutes or until eggplant is tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomato juice and remaining 1/4 tsp. basil; mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over polenta triangles. Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. cheese.
- Substitute: Substitute grated Romano cheese for Parmesan cheese.
- Variation: To serve polenta "soft," cook cereal and vegetable mixtures as directed. Serve polenta topped with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. cheese.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies