Lunch & Dinner RECIPES
(35 of 46)
New England Fish Chowder
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 pound flounder, cod or other white fish, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Chesapeake seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- COOK bacon in large stockpot 5 minutes over medium heat or until crispy. Add onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes and water; cover. Cook 10 minutes or until potatoes begin to soften.
- REMOVE cover. Gently stir in fish, evaporated milk, milk, Cream of Wheat, Italian seasoning and Chesapeake seasoning. Simmer 10 minutes longer. (DO NOT BOIL.) Stir in butter just before serving.
- Tip: If the chowder gets too thick, thin it to the desired consistency with additional milk or water.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies