Lunch & Dinner RECIPES
(34 of 46)
Makes 6 servings, about 1 cup each.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can 19 oz. red kidney beans, drained
- 1 jar 8 oz. taco sauce
- 1 can 4.25 oz diced green chilies, drained
- 2 tsps. chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF RICE Hot Cereal, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Brown meat with onion in large skillet; drain. Stir in beans, taco sauce, green chilies, chili powder, salt and oregano. Spoon into 2-quart shallow baking dish; set aside.
- BRING milk just to boil in medium saucepan. Gradually add cereal, stirring constantly. Cook on medium heat 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Add cheese; stir until melted. Spread over meat mixture in baking dish.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite reduced fat dressing.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies