Lunch & Dinner RECIPES
(12 of 46)
Makes 10 to 12 dumplings.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- BRING milk and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually add Cream of Wheat, stirring constantly until well blended. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from heat. Add egg, butter and parsley; mix well.
- DROP heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into simmering soup or stew; cover. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until dumplings have doubled in size and centers are no longer doughy.
- Tip: To ensure light and fluffy dumplings, keep the cover on until the cooking time is almost complete. Checking the dumplings too early can cause them to deflate.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies