Lunch & Dinner RECIPES
(9 of 46)
Chicken Tamale Pie
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 (16-ounce) jars ORTEGA Salsa, any variety
- 2 (4-ounce) cans ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup B&G Large Pitted Black Olives, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Heat salsa, chiles, corn, onion and taco seasoning in large saucepan 15 minutes over medium heat.
- COMBINE milk, Cream of Wheat and eggs in mixing bowl. Stir mixture into saucepan; simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and olives. Stir to combine.
- SPREAD mixture evenly in 13X9-inch casserole dish and top with cheese. Bake 35 minutes, until bubbly and cheese has melted. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
- Tip: To make this dish a bit more spicy, toss in some sliced B&G Hot Jalapeño Peppers or dice up a fresh jalapeño pepper and mix it in before baking. You can also serve this dish as a great party dip.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies