Lunch & Dinner RECIPES
(8 of 46)
Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant 1-minute, 2-1/2- minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups pasta sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Blend flour, salt and pepper in shallow bowl; set aside. Combine milk and eggs in second shallow bowl; set aside. Blend Cream of Wheat and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese in third shallow bowl; set aside.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Flatten chicken breasts slightly to uniform thickness. Dip each chicken breast into flour mixture, covering both sides evenly; shake off excess flour. Dip into egg mixture, covering both sides evenly. Dip into Cream of Wheat mixture, covering both sides evenly; shake off excess coating.
- PLACE chicken into skillet. Cook 4 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Turn chicken over and cook 5 minutes longer until lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet.
- SPREAD 1 cup pasta sauce in bottom of casserole dish; place chicken on top. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese over chicken and top with remaining 1 cup pasta sauce. Sprinkle on remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Tip: For more variety in your menus, substitute peeled eggplant or sliced pork tenderloin for the chicken.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies