Lunch & Dinner RECIPES
(2 of 46)
Asian Lettuce Cups
Makes 24 lettuce cups.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons POLANER Chopped Garlic
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2/-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons REGINA Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Soy sauce (optional)
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add water chestnuts, onion and garlic. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Add chicken. Cook, stirring frequently to break up chicken, about 5 minutes.
- MIX ketchup, 1/4 cup soy sauce, Cream of Wheat, brown sugar and vinegar in small bowl. Add to skillet. Cook and stir until well combined. Add water; simmer 5 minutes longer or until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat.
- TO SERVE, fill each lettuce leaf with 2 tablespoons chicken mixture. Garnish with peanuts, and serve with additional soy sauce for dipping, if desired.
- Tip: Kids will enjoy making their own lettuce cups. Just lay out the makings for this healthy snack.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies