ALL RECIPES (111 of 127)
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16-ounce) jarORTEGA Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 2 (16-ounce cans)JOAN OF ARC Kidney Beans, drained
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- HEAT oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- STIR in ground turkey, milk, taco seasoning, salt, pepper and cumin. Cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until turkey is cooked.
- STIR in salsa, beer, water and Cream of Wheat. Bring to a boil; turn down heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add beans; heat 5 minutes longer. Serve immediately. Top with sour cream, Cheddar cheese and cilantro, if desired.
- Tip: If leftover chili gets too thick, simply add some water. Or use leftover chili as a great-tasting condiment for your favorite burger or hot dog.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies