RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies
ALL RECIPES (100 of 127)
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 2 cans 6 oz. each canned salmon, pink, boneless, skinless, flaked
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsely, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tbls. lemon juice
- BRING milk just to boil in medium saucepan. Gradually add cereal, stirring constantly. Return just to boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until very thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add salmon, 1 of the egg yolks, both egg whites, onion, parsley, salt, dill, pepper and lemon juice; mix well. (Reserve remaining egg yolk for another use.)
- SHAPE into loaf in greased shallow baking dish.
- BAKE at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Jazz It Up: Mix 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. melted margarine or butter. Drizzle over baked Salmon Loaf before slicing to serve.
- Substitute: Prepare as directed, using 1 (15-oz.) can drained and flaked boneless skinless pink salmon.
- Salmon Cakes: Prepare salmon mixture as directed; shape into 6 patties. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until cooked through.