ALL RECIPES (99 of 127)
Makes 6 servings, 1/2 cup each.
- 1 1/2 cups milk, fat free
- 1/3 cup CREAM OF RICE Hot Cereal, uncooked
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- BRING milk just to boil in medium saucepan. Gradually add cereal, stirring constantly. Cook on medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 4 minutes. Stir in raisins, vanilla and nutmeg. Cool to room temperature.
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently stir into cereal mixture. Spoon into 6 (6-oz.) custard cups. Place cups in 13x9-inch baking pan; carefully pour 2 cups hot water into bottom of pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted into centers comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire racks. Cool slightly. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator.
- Substitute: Substitute ground cinnamon for the ground nutmeg.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies