ALL RECIPES (97 of 127)
Quick Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons POLANER Chopped Garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- Cooked pasta (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- MIX ground beef, Cream of Wheat, cheese, milk, parsley, egg, pepper and garlic salt in large mixing bowl until well blended.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes and water.
- FORM beef mixture into 1-inch balls. Add to skillet; cover. Cook over medium-high heat 10 minutes.
- REMOVE cover. Turn meatballs over to cover with sauce. Simmer over low heat 5 minutes longer. Serve over pasta, if desired. Garnish with cheese and parsley, if desired.
- Tip: This recipe makes 20 to 24 meatballs, so you can serve them as a great game-day snack. Just provide toothpicks so family and friends can help themselves to this tasty appetizer.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies