ALL RECIPES (89 of 127)
Pan-Seared Tilapia with Quick Butter-Caper Sauce
Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon B&G Capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon slices (optional)
- PLACE flour in shallow bowl; set aside. Combine egg and milk in second shallow bowl; set aside. Blend Cream of Wheat and salt in third shallow bowl; set aside.
- HEAT butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- GENTLY dip each fillet into flour, covering both sides evenly; shake off excess flour. Dip fillets into egg mixture, covering both sides evenly. Dip into Cream of Wheat mixture, covering both sides evenly; shake off excess coating. Place fillets in skillet. Cook 4 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Gently turn fillets over and cook 4 minutes longer. Transfer to serving plates.
- ADD parsley, capers and lemon juice to skillet; stir well. Pour sauce over each fillet. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
- Tip: This cooking technique also enhances other thin white fish, such as flounder or trout.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies