RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies
ALL RECIPES (86 of 127)
Nutty Apricot Warm-Up
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min, 2-1/2-min or 10-min cook time), uncooked
- 1 can (17 oz.) canned apricot halves, drained, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pecans, pieces
- MIX milk and cinnamon in large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Gradually add cereal; cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- ADD apricots, raisins and pecans; mix well. Reduce heat to low. Cook and stir an additional 5 minutes.
- SERVE topped with brown sugar and additional milk, if desired.
- Use Your Microwave: Mix milk, cinnamon and cereal in 2-quart microwavable bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring after 4 minutes. Stir in apricots, raisins and pecans. Microwave 3 to 4 minutes or until desired consistency. Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition Bonus: Warm up with a nutritious bowl of low sodium, hot cereal. The CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal is a rich source of iron, the milk provides calcium and the apricots are an excellent source of vitamin A and a good source of vitamin C.