ALL RECIPES (80 of 127)
Meatless Stuffed Peppers
Makes 8 servings.
- 4 medium green peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded and parboiled
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup red peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1 min, 2-1/2 min or 10 min cook time) uncooked
- 1 can 15 oz. garbanzo beans, (chickpeas) rinsed, drained
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, leaves
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 2% milk reduced fat, divided
- PLACE pepper shells in 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- COOK and stir mushrooms, onions and red peppers in oil in large nonstick skillet until tender; remove from heat. Add cereal, beans, egg, thyme and 1/2 cup of the cheese; mix well. Spoon evenly into pepper shells; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- BAKE at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Substitute: Substitute black beans for garbanzo beans.
- How to Parboil Peppers: Heat 3 quarts water to boil in large saucepan. Add seeded pepper halves; reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes or until peppers are just tender. Drain peppers; cool slightly.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies