ALL RECIPES (75 of 127)
Makes 1 doz. or 12 servings, one muffin each.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1 min, 2-1/2 min or 10 min cook time) uncooked
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam or preserves, sugar-free
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cereal, sugar, baking powder, lemon peel and poppy seed in large bowl; set aside. Beat eggs, yogurt and margarine in medium bowl until well blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- SPOON evenly into 12 greased medium muffin cups.
- BAKE 20 min. or until lightly browned. While muffins are still warm, poke hole into the top of each muffin using handle of wooden spoon. Fill evenly with jam. Serve warm.
- Substitute: Substitute grated orange peel for the lemon peel.
- Nutrition Bonus: Start your day off right with these flavorful muffins. As a bonus, the CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal provides a good source of iron.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies