ALL RECIPES (67 of 127)
Ham and Feta Cheese Souffle
Makes 6 servings.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1 min, 2-1/2 min or 10 min cook time) uncooked
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled, reduced fat
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 slices smoked ham, 96% fat free, chopped
- 3 eggs, separated
- GREASE 1-1/2-quart souffle or casserole dish; sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. of the cereal. Set aside.
- BRING milk to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Gradually stir in remaining 1/2 cup cereal; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes. Add cheese, onion, parsley, ham and 1 of the egg yolks; mix well. (Reserve remaining 2 egg yolks for another use.) Set aside.
- BEAT egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add to cereal mixture; stir gently with wire whisk until well blended. Pour into prepared dish.
- BAKE at 400°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown. Serve immediately.
- Variation: You also can prepare this dish in a 1-1/2-quart soufflé or casserole dish; increase baking time to 35 to 40 minutes.
- Tip: Store remaining egg yolks in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to two days. Add to ground meat mixture when making meatloaf or meatballs. Or, use for an egg wash or in the egg mixture when breading thin pieces of meat, such as chicken cutlets.
- Keeping It Safe: When separating egg yolks from egg whites, always use an egg separator. Passing the egg back and forth between the shell halves may expose the egg to bacteria on the shell. If any pieces of shell fall into the eggs, use a clean utensil to remove them.
- Creative Leftovers: Store remaining 2 egg yolks in tightly covered container in refrigerator for up to 2 days. Add to ground meat mixture when making meatloaf or meatballs. Or, use in an egg wash when breading thin pieces of meat, such as chicken cutlets.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies