ALL RECIPES (66 of 127)
Ham and Cheese Frittata
Makes 12 servings.
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream for garnish
- PREHEAT oven to 450ºF. Stir together Cream of Wheat and boiling water in medium mixing bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs to Cream of Wheat and mix well.
- MELT butter in large 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in ham evenly. Pour Cream of Wheat mixture into skillet so it spreads to edge of skillet. Sprinkle cheese over mixture. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, until the edges begin to firm up.
- PLACE skillet in oven and bake 10 minutes longer.
- TURN frittata over onto serving plate and cut into wedges. Serve topped with sour cream.
- Tip: Frittata leftovers are great when sliced and popped in the microwave for a minute. Serve as a brunch or lunch item.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies