ALL RECIPES (65 of 127)
Makes 24 servings.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1 min, 2-1/2 min or 10 min cook time) uncooked
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 cup water
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat butter and 1 cup of the sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, cereal and baking powder; mix well. Pour into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Meanwhile, mix remaining 1 cup sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Boil 5 minutes.
- REMOVE cake from oven. Immediately pour hot sugar mixture over cake. Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 24 squares to serve.
- Keeping It Safe: Wash hands, cooking utensils and countertops immediately with hot soapy water after contact with raw eggs.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies